Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Extra special animals

  I came across this article about an alligator with a prosthetic tail and it made me think of my dog named Gator who is missing a leg. :) I want to share a little bit about him with yall, because he gets stares and gasps every day from people who apparantly feel sorry for him.
 Gator is the happiest, fastest, most affectionate (and dare I say most adorable) dog I have ever been lucky enough to know. When he tries something new, like jumping onto a chair, and doesnt quite make it he keeps trying. He never gets sad or frustrated, and he always seems to find a way.
 I feel so lucky to have him in my life. If you happen to be contemplating adopting a special needs animal, or your pet may need an amputation, enucleation, or other seemingly life-changing operation; please know that these animals do great. In my practice, most of the special animals I have known dont even know they are different. And if they do realize they are different; they dont dwell on it.
 I just wanted to share a little about him because he brings me so much joy; and so many lessons.

Here's a photo of Gator hiking on Mt Lemmon near Tucson (my husband helped him up the rock):
 
He loves the water:
 
And looking out the window:
 
And he is especially amazing at chasing after and killing squeeky balls. Here is a video showing his atheletic prowess (from this summer; when we were staying in a hotel):

No comments:

Post a Comment